Human trafficker nabbed in Guwahati, 8 girls rescued
Guwahati: The Government Railway Police (GRP) on Saturday nabbed a human trafficker and rescued eight girls from her clutches here.
Sources in the GRP said the eight girls were rescued from the Guwahati railway station and the woman trying to take the girls away from Assam was arrested.
"The girls were told that they would be given jobs in some spice factories in Kerala. The woman had brought the girls to Guwahati from Jonai in Dhemaji district of Assam. However, when we inquired, the woman could not give any proof that the girls would be given employment in Kerala," sources informed.
"We contacted our counterpart in Dhemaji and were informed that the same woman had previously taken some other girls away from the remote areas of the district to unknown destinations by giving them hopes of employment. Those girls have, however, never returned to their families," said the sources.
Investigation is on to find out more details about the human traffickers` involvement in the incident and their network in the state, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes