Human trafficking racket busted, 5 teenagers rescu
Rangia: Police on Sunday busted a human trafficking racket today and rescued five teenagers from the Rangia railway station in lower Assam`s Kamrup district when they were about to board a train for New Delhi.
On suspicion, police questioned the children, which included a girl, along with their escort Basir Ali when they were about to board a New Delhi-bound train, sources said.
Interrogation revealed that the children were being taken for human trafficking, they said.
The children, aged between 13 to 15 years and belonging to the tribal and minority communities, were lured to Delhi on the promise of jobs, they said.
They were later handed over to their guardians following identification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly