I suspect foreign forces being behind rumours: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday said he suspected from the very beginning that foreign forces were behind the rumours which forced thousands of people of northeast to flee Karnataka and some other cities.
"I was saying from the very beginning that foreign forces were behind this," he said shortly after Union Home Secretary said in Delhi that bulk of the rumours were sourced from Pakistan.
Gogoi said the state intelligence had inputs about this. "I had this suspicion all along," he told a news channel, adding that it was apparent that a "big plan" on it was being worked upon for quite some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy