I suspect foreign forces being behind rumours: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday said he suspected from the very beginning that foreign forces were behind the rumours which forced thousands of people of northeast to flee Karnataka and some other cities.
"I was saying from the very beginning that foreign forces were behind this," he said shortly after Union Home Secretary said in Delhi that bulk of the rumours were sourced from Pakistan.
Gogoi said the state intelligence had inputs about this. "I had this suspicion all along," he told a news channel, adding that it was apparent that a "big plan" on it was being worked upon for quite some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Ageing is not bad at all, Sushmita Sen explains why!
- Open spaces in Delhi, NCR could be used by anti-national elements, say security agencies
- BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016: Bihar Board Intermediate Class 12 XII Arts Results, BSEB 12th Inter Results 2016, Bihar Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be declared on May 25
- Spectrum cost very high in India, says Sistema
- LeEco set to boom exciting offers on Flipkart's 'Big Shopping Days' sale