IAF aircraft makes `delayed landing` in Guwahati
Guwahati: An Indian Air Force aircraft on Saturday made a `delayed landing` at the Lokpriyo Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport here with defence sources stating that there was no technical problem in the craft.
The IL-76 `Gajraj` aircraft, flying to Delhi from Bangalore via Guwahati, developed "certain problems mid-air and made a delayed landing as necessary arrangements were made on the ground in case there was emergency," airport sources said.
The sources said that the aircraft circled over the airport for nearly two hours before landing.
Airport Authority of India made the arrangements for the landing and to deal with any emergency, the sources said.
Stating that the aircraft was on a routine weekly flight from Bangalore to Delhi, Defence spokesman Lt Col S S Phukat told PTI "There was neither any technical problem in the aircraft and there was no emergency landing."
Phukat said the aircraft arrived with 196 defence personnel on board and 40 passengers were offloaded at the airport here while 40 others boarded the flight for the onward journey to Delhi.
Normal technical checks and refuelling were made at the airport before it left Guwahati, he claimed.
There was `no technical problem` in the aircraft and it left the Lokopriyo Gopinath International Airport as per schedule at 1300 hours, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand