IAF aircraft makes `delayed landing` in Guwahati
Guwahati: An Indian Air Force aircraft on Saturday made a `delayed landing` at the Lokpriyo Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport here with defence sources stating that there was no technical problem in the craft.
The IL-76 `Gajraj` aircraft, flying to Delhi from Bangalore via Guwahati, developed "certain problems mid-air and made a delayed landing as necessary arrangements were made on the ground in case there was emergency," airport sources said.
The sources said that the aircraft circled over the airport for nearly two hours before landing.
Airport Authority of India made the arrangements for the landing and to deal with any emergency, the sources said.
Stating that the aircraft was on a routine weekly flight from Bangalore to Delhi, Defence spokesman Lt Col S S Phukat told PTI "There was neither any technical problem in the aircraft and there was no emergency landing."
Phukat said the aircraft arrived with 196 defence personnel on board and 40 passengers were offloaded at the airport here while 40 others boarded the flight for the onward journey to Delhi.
Normal technical checks and refuelling were made at the airport before it left Guwahati, he claimed.
There was `no technical problem` in the aircraft and it left the Lokopriyo Gopinath International Airport as per schedule at 1300 hours, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note