IAF aircraft makes `delayed landing` in Guwahati
Guwahati: An Indian Air Force aircraft on Saturday made a `delayed landing` at the Lokpriyo Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport here with defence sources stating that there was no technical problem in the craft.
The IL-76 `Gajraj` aircraft, flying to Delhi from Bangalore via Guwahati, developed "certain problems mid-air and made a delayed landing as necessary arrangements were made on the ground in case there was emergency," airport sources said.
The sources said that the aircraft circled over the airport for nearly two hours before landing.
Airport Authority of India made the arrangements for the landing and to deal with any emergency, the sources said.
Stating that the aircraft was on a routine weekly flight from Bangalore to Delhi, Defence spokesman Lt Col S S Phukat told PTI "There was neither any technical problem in the aircraft and there was no emergency landing."
Phukat said the aircraft arrived with 196 defence personnel on board and 40 passengers were offloaded at the airport here while 40 others boarded the flight for the onward journey to Delhi.
Normal technical checks and refuelling were made at the airport before it left Guwahati, he claimed.
There was `no technical problem` in the aircraft and it left the Lokopriyo Gopinath International Airport as per schedule at 1300 hours, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'