IAF aircraft makes emergency landing in Guwahati
Guwahati: An IAF aircraft made an emergency landing at the international airport here due to a technical problem.
IAF`s IL-76 `Gajraj` aircraft, on its way to Guwahati from Bangalore, developed engine problems mid-air and was forced to hover above the airport for more than two hours to burn the fuel before making an emergency landing at around noon, airport sources said.
All those onboard the aircraft are safe, officials said.
Besides two pilots and two crew members, the aircraft was carrying IAF personnel but the authorities did not divulge the exact number of passengers.
The technical problem developed in two of the four engines of the aircraft with the pilots forced to make an emergency landing with the help of two remaining engines, sources said.
Airport Authority of India had made the necessary arrangements for the landing and to deal with any kind of emergency, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why