IED explosion derails goods train in Assam
Tezpur: Explosion of a powerful Improvised
Explosive Device (IED), planted by unidentified militants,
derailed a goods train carrying cement bags in Assam`s
Udalguri district, official sources on Sunday.
Ten wagons of the train, moving from Rangiya to Tezpur,
derailed after the IED exploded on the rail track near Doipang
late last night, Udalguri Deputy Commissioner, Thaneswar
Eight wagons were badly damaged and a rescue team from
Rangiya was sent to the spot to repair the tracks.
There was, however, no loss of lie or injury to
any person, Malakar added.
A mobile hand set was recovered from the explosion site
which would help in identifying the militant outfit
responsible for the explosion, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider