IED explosion derails goods train in Assam
Tezpur: Explosion of a powerful Improvised
Explosive Device (IED), planted by unidentified militants,
derailed a goods train carrying cement bags in Assam`s
Udalguri district, official sources on Sunday.
Ten wagons of the train, moving from Rangiya to Tezpur,
derailed after the IED exploded on the rail track near Doipang
late last night, Udalguri Deputy Commissioner, Thaneswar
Eight wagons were badly damaged and a rescue team from
Rangiya was sent to the spot to repair the tracks.
There was, however, no loss of lie or injury to
any person, Malakar added.
A mobile hand set was recovered from the explosion site
which would help in identifying the militant outfit
responsible for the explosion, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical