IED explosion derails goods train in Assam
Tezpur: Explosion of a powerful Improvised
Explosive Device (IED), planted by unidentified militants,
derailed a goods train carrying cement bags in Assam`s
Udalguri district, official sources on Sunday.
Ten wagons of the train, moving from Rangiya to Tezpur,
derailed after the IED exploded on the rail track near Doipang
late last night, Udalguri Deputy Commissioner, Thaneswar
Eight wagons were badly damaged and a rescue team from
Rangiya was sent to the spot to repair the tracks.
There was, however, no loss of lie or injury to
any person, Malakar added.
A mobile hand set was recovered from the explosion site
which would help in identifying the militant outfit
responsible for the explosion, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan