IED explosion derails goods train in Assam
Tezpur: Explosion of a powerful Improvised
Explosive Device (IED), planted by unidentified militants,
derailed a goods train carrying cement bags in Assam`s
Udalguri district, official sources on Sunday.
Ten wagons of the train, moving from Rangiya to Tezpur,
derailed after the IED exploded on the rail track near Doipang
late last night, Udalguri Deputy Commissioner, Thaneswar
Eight wagons were badly damaged and a rescue team from
Rangiya was sent to the spot to repair the tracks.
There was, however, no loss of lie or injury to
any person, Malakar added.
A mobile hand set was recovered from the explosion site
which would help in identifying the militant outfit
responsible for the explosion, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics