IED explosion derails goods train in Assam
Tezpur: Explosion of a powerful Improvised
Explosive Device (IED), planted by unidentified militants,
derailed a goods train carrying cement bags in Assam`s
Udalguri district, official sources on Sunday.
Ten wagons of the train, moving from Rangiya to Tezpur,
derailed after the IED exploded on the rail track near Doipang
late last night, Udalguri Deputy Commissioner, Thaneswar
Eight wagons were badly damaged and a rescue team from
Rangiya was sent to the spot to repair the tracks.
There was, however, no loss of lie or injury to
any person, Malakar added.
A mobile hand set was recovered from the explosion site
which would help in identifying the militant outfit
responsible for the explosion, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises