IED recovered from Assam village
Goalpara (Assam): The Army defused a powerful improvised explosive device(IED) at a village in Goalpara district of Lower Assam, police said on Tuesday.
Police said a local boy sighted the package containing the explosive near a shrub and informed the village elders.
The police were informed and the Army was called to the spot. The IED, weighing around 13 kg, was safely defused by the Army`s bomb disposal squad late last night.
Police said the IED was kept by suspected ULFA militants who were planning to use it in some major operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what