IED recovered from Assam village
Goalpara (Assam): The Army defused a powerful improvised explosive device(IED) at a village in Goalpara district of Lower Assam, police said on Tuesday.
Police said a local boy sighted the package containing the explosive near a shrub and informed the village elders.
The police were informed and the Army was called to the spot. The IED, weighing around 13 kg, was safely defused by the Army`s bomb disposal squad late last night.
Police said the IED was kept by suspected ULFA militants who were planning to use it in some major operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city