IED recovered from Assam village
Goalpara (Assam): The Army defused a powerful improvised explosive device(IED) at a village in Goalpara district of Lower Assam, police said on Tuesday.
Police said a local boy sighted the package containing the explosive near a shrub and informed the village elders.
The police were informed and the Army was called to the spot. The IED, weighing around 13 kg, was safely defused by the Army`s bomb disposal squad late last night.
Police said the IED was kept by suspected ULFA militants who were planning to use it in some major operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them