IED recovered from Assam village
Goalpara (Assam): The Army defused a powerful improvised explosive device(IED) at a village in Goalpara district of Lower Assam, police said on Tuesday.
Police said a local boy sighted the package containing the explosive near a shrub and informed the village elders.
The police were informed and the Army was called to the spot. The IED, weighing around 13 kg, was safely defused by the Army`s bomb disposal squad late last night.
Police said the IED was kept by suspected ULFA militants who were planning to use it in some major operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price