IED recovered from Assam village
Goalpara (Assam): The Army defused a powerful improvised explosive device(IED) at a village in Goalpara district of Lower Assam, police said on Tuesday.
Police said a local boy sighted the package containing the explosive near a shrub and informed the village elders.
The police were informed and the Army was called to the spot. The IED, weighing around 13 kg, was safely defused by the Army`s bomb disposal squad late last night.
Police said the IED was kept by suspected ULFA militants who were planning to use it in some major operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Syria's powerful Nusra Front says ending link to al Qaeda
- Amitabh Bachchan for higher public spending to prevent Hepatitis B
- First batch of Haj pilgrims from J&K to leave on August 10
- White dwarf found lashing red dwarf in space
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India