IED seized in Assam
Rangia: A powerful Improvised Explosive Devise (IED) weighing 1.5 kg was seized from Hajo in Assam`s Kamrup district on Tuesday.
Police said a woman saw the IED, wrapped in a plastic bag with its two electric wires exposed and kept near a petrol pump.
She informed the police, who with the help of Engineers Regiment and bomb disposal squad of 9 Punjab Regiment deployed in the Army Red Horns Division here safely defused the bomb.
Police suspected that the explosive might have fallen off while being transported to another place or might have been abandoned by its carriers on seeing security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional