IED seized in Assam
Rangia: A powerful Improvised Explosive Devise (IED) weighing 1.5 kg was seized from Hajo in Assam`s Kamrup district on Tuesday.
Police said a woman saw the IED, wrapped in a plastic bag with its two electric wires exposed and kept near a petrol pump.
She informed the police, who with the help of Engineers Regiment and bomb disposal squad of 9 Punjab Regiment deployed in the Army Red Horns Division here safely defused the bomb.
Police suspected that the explosive might have fallen off while being transported to another place or might have been abandoned by its carriers on seeing security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok