IIT Guwahati student missing in Brahmaputra
Guwahati: A student of IIT, Guwahati has gone missing after he went for a swim in the Brahmaputra river near its North Guwahati campus, the police said Tuesday.
Seven students of the premier institute had gone to the river bank last night and later three of them went to swim in the river.
The locals urged them not to go for a swim and rescued two of them but one of them - a third-year Mechanical Engineering student Rabindra Kumar Roy - went missing.
National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) personnel have launched a search operation to find the missing youth, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users