IIT Guwahati student missing in Brahmaputra
Guwahati: A student of IIT, Guwahati has gone missing after he went for a swim in the Brahmaputra river near its North Guwahati campus, the police said Tuesday.
Seven students of the premier institute had gone to the river bank last night and later three of them went to swim in the river.
The locals urged them not to go for a swim and rescued two of them but one of them - a third-year Mechanical Engineering student Rabindra Kumar Roy - went missing.
National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) personnel have launched a search operation to find the missing youth, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'