IIT Guwahati student missing in Brahmaputra
Guwahati: A student of IIT, Guwahati has gone missing after he went for a swim in the Brahmaputra river near its North Guwahati campus, the police said Tuesday.
Seven students of the premier institute had gone to the river bank last night and later three of them went to swim in the river.
The locals urged them not to go for a swim and rescued two of them but one of them - a third-year Mechanical Engineering student Rabindra Kumar Roy - went missing.
National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) personnel have launched a search operation to find the missing youth, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report