IIT Guwahati student missing in Brahmaputra
Guwahati: A student of IIT, Guwahati has gone missing after he went for a swim in the Brahmaputra river near its North Guwahati campus, the police said Tuesday.
Seven students of the premier institute had gone to the river bank last night and later three of them went to swim in the river.
The locals urged them not to go for a swim and rescued two of them but one of them - a third-year Mechanical Engineering student Rabindra Kumar Roy - went missing.
National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) personnel have launched a search operation to find the missing youth, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step