IJU demands inquiry into Dhubri scribe`s killing
Guwahati: Indian Journalists Union (IJU) Tuesday condemned and demanded a high-level inquiry into the killing of an young journalist Raihan Nayum by unidentified miscreants in Assam`s Dhubri district.
The IJU in a statement issued here expressed concern at the frequent attacks and killing of journalists in Assam and demanded a high-level inquiry into Nayum`s killing.
Twenty-eight year old Nayum, a correspondent of the local bi-weekly `Gana Chabuk`, was hacked to death by unidentified men on September 8 last at Indira Gandhi Road in Dhubri.
The Journalists Union of Assam (JUA), a state affiliate of IJU, also condemned the killing and demanded that the concerned authorities investigate the case and identify the killers of Nayum at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan