IJU demands inquiry into Dhubri scribe`s killing
Guwahati: Indian Journalists Union (IJU) Tuesday condemned and demanded a high-level inquiry into the killing of an young journalist Raihan Nayum by unidentified miscreants in Assam`s Dhubri district.
The IJU in a statement issued here expressed concern at the frequent attacks and killing of journalists in Assam and demanded a high-level inquiry into Nayum`s killing.
Twenty-eight year old Nayum, a correspondent of the local bi-weekly `Gana Chabuk`, was hacked to death by unidentified men on September 8 last at Indira Gandhi Road in Dhubri.
The Journalists Union of Assam (JUA), a state affiliate of IJU, also condemned the killing and demanded that the concerned authorities investigate the case and identify the killers of Nayum at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says