IJU demands inquiry into Dhubri scribe`s killing
Guwahati: Indian Journalists Union (IJU) Tuesday condemned and demanded a high-level inquiry into the killing of an young journalist Raihan Nayum by unidentified miscreants in Assam`s Dhubri district.
The IJU in a statement issued here expressed concern at the frequent attacks and killing of journalists in Assam and demanded a high-level inquiry into Nayum`s killing.
Twenty-eight year old Nayum, a correspondent of the local bi-weekly `Gana Chabuk`, was hacked to death by unidentified men on September 8 last at Indira Gandhi Road in Dhubri.
The Journalists Union of Assam (JUA), a state affiliate of IJU, also condemned the killing and demanded that the concerned authorities investigate the case and identify the killers of Nayum at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj