Illegal migrants pushed back from Manipur-Assam bo
Imphal: One hundred illegal migrants who attempted to enter Manipur through the Manipur-Assam border at Jiribam have been pushed back since Saturday, official sources said here on Monday.
Forty illegal migrants with fictitious documents and identity cards who attempted to enter Manipur were turned back from the Jiribam border check post, about 222 km west of here, yesterday, the sources said.
Earlier on Saturday, 60 illegal migrants who could not speak Manipuri or any tribal dialect and appeared to be foreign labourers were also pushed back from the check post, they said.
The police supported by security personnel, have been on a drive against infiltration by illegal migrants in the state in the past few days with massive combing operations being launched at different places, they said.
They said state forces have been asked to step up checking at three major border points at Jiribam, Mao (Manipur-Nagaland) and Moreh (Manipur-Myanmar).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’