Indefinite curfew in Dima Hasao district in Assam
Haflong: At least ten persons were injured, some of them seriously, as police resorted to blank fire on bandh supporters even as the Dima Hasao district administration clamped indefinite curfew in the district.
Official sources said police resorted to blank fire on bandh enforcers belonging to North Cachar Hills Indigenous Poples Forum (NCHIPF)and North Cacar Hills Indigenous Womens Forum (NCHWF) who had given at a 48-hr district wide bandh which will end at 5 pm today.
The bandh was called to demand bifurcation of Dima Hasao district into two autonmous districts.
There were reports of clashes among police and bandh supporters in various parts of Haflong hill town which is the district headquarter of Dima Hasao district.
Following the clashes the district administration enforced indefinite curfew.
The injured persons have been admitted to the Haflong civil hospital.
The situation now is under control, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...