Indefinite curfew in Dima Hasao district in Assam
Haflong: At least ten persons were injured, some of them seriously, as police resorted to blank fire on bandh supporters even as the Dima Hasao district administration clamped indefinite curfew in the district.
Official sources said police resorted to blank fire on bandh enforcers belonging to North Cachar Hills Indigenous Poples Forum (NCHIPF)and North Cacar Hills Indigenous Womens Forum (NCHWF) who had given at a 48-hr district wide bandh which will end at 5 pm today.
The bandh was called to demand bifurcation of Dima Hasao district into two autonmous districts.
There were reports of clashes among police and bandh supporters in various parts of Haflong hill town which is the district headquarter of Dima Hasao district.
Following the clashes the district administration enforced indefinite curfew.
The injured persons have been admitted to the Haflong civil hospital.
The situation now is under control, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!