Indefinite curfew in Dima Hasao district in Assam
Haflong: At least ten persons were injured, some of them seriously, as police resorted to blank fire on bandh supporters even as the Dima Hasao district administration clamped indefinite curfew in the district.
Official sources said police resorted to blank fire on bandh enforcers belonging to North Cachar Hills Indigenous Poples Forum (NCHIPF)and North Cacar Hills Indigenous Womens Forum (NCHWF) who had given at a 48-hr district wide bandh which will end at 5 pm today.
The bandh was called to demand bifurcation of Dima Hasao district into two autonmous districts.
There were reports of clashes among police and bandh supporters in various parts of Haflong hill town which is the district headquarter of Dima Hasao district.
Following the clashes the district administration enforced indefinite curfew.
The injured persons have been admitted to the Haflong civil hospital.
The situation now is under control, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of obesity in India and its precautionary measures
- DNA: Analysis of obesity in India and its precautionary measures - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of conditions faced by Indian Army at Daulat Beg Oldi military base