Indefinite curfew in Dima Hasao district in Assam
Haflong: At least ten persons were injured, some of them seriously, as police resorted to blank fire on bandh supporters even as the Dima Hasao district administration clamped indefinite curfew in the district.
Official sources said police resorted to blank fire on bandh enforcers belonging to North Cachar Hills Indigenous Poples Forum (NCHIPF)and North Cacar Hills Indigenous Womens Forum (NCHWF) who had given at a 48-hr district wide bandh which will end at 5 pm today.
The bandh was called to demand bifurcation of Dima Hasao district into two autonmous districts.
There were reports of clashes among police and bandh supporters in various parts of Haflong hill town which is the district headquarter of Dima Hasao district.
Following the clashes the district administration enforced indefinite curfew.
The injured persons have been admitted to the Haflong civil hospital.
The situation now is under control, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming