Indefinite curfew relaxed in Goalpara
Goalpara (Assam): The indefinite curfew in two areas of Assam`s Goalpara district was relaxed on Wednesday for seven hours with the situation remaining peaceful.
The curfew was relaxed from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm in Forest Gate and Mailapathar areas, officials said.
Markets, shops, banks and other establishments remained open during the curfew relaxation period, they said.
Four people were killed in mob violence and police firing on Monday following the recovery of the body of a missing cowherd near Rakshashini forest in Mailapathar.
Police had opened fire, which left two dead, after the mob attacked and injured five policemen, including SP S P Saikia and his deputy Debojit Nath.
Yesterday bodies of two more persons, missing since Monday`s violence, were recovered from Mailapathar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"