Indefinite curfew relaxed in Goalpara
Goalpara (Assam): The indefinite curfew in two areas of Assam`s Goalpara district was relaxed on Wednesday for seven hours with the situation remaining peaceful.
The curfew was relaxed from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm in Forest Gate and Mailapathar areas, officials said.
Markets, shops, banks and other establishments remained open during the curfew relaxation period, they said.
Four people were killed in mob violence and police firing on Monday following the recovery of the body of a missing cowherd near Rakshashini forest in Mailapathar.
Police had opened fire, which left two dead, after the mob attacked and injured five policemen, including SP S P Saikia and his deputy Debojit Nath.
Yesterday bodies of two more persons, missing since Monday`s violence, were recovered from Mailapathar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police