Indefinite curfew relaxed in Goalpara
Goalpara (Assam): The indefinite curfew in two areas of Assam`s Goalpara district was relaxed on Wednesday for seven hours with the situation remaining peaceful.
The curfew was relaxed from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm in Forest Gate and Mailapathar areas, officials said.
Markets, shops, banks and other establishments remained open during the curfew relaxation period, they said.
Four people were killed in mob violence and police firing on Monday following the recovery of the body of a missing cowherd near Rakshashini forest in Mailapathar.
Police had opened fire, which left two dead, after the mob attacked and injured five policemen, including SP S P Saikia and his deputy Debojit Nath.
Yesterday bodies of two more persons, missing since Monday`s violence, were recovered from Mailapathar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city