Indefinite curfew relaxed in Goalpara
Goalpara (Assam): The indefinite curfew in two areas of Assam`s Goalpara district was relaxed on Wednesday for seven hours with the situation remaining peaceful.
The curfew was relaxed from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm in Forest Gate and Mailapathar areas, officials said.
Markets, shops, banks and other establishments remained open during the curfew relaxation period, they said.
Four people were killed in mob violence and police firing on Monday following the recovery of the body of a missing cowherd near Rakshashini forest in Mailapathar.
Police had opened fire, which left two dead, after the mob attacked and injured five policemen, including SP S P Saikia and his deputy Debojit Nath.
Yesterday bodies of two more persons, missing since Monday`s violence, were recovered from Mailapathar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened