Innocent Assam youths killed in Arunachal : ULFA
Guwahati: The anti-talk faction of ULFA
today claimed that the three men shot dead in an encounter in
Lohit district of Arunachal Pradesh were not its cadres but
`innocent` Assamese youths.
ULFA (Paresh Baruah) publicity secretary `lieutenant`
Arunudoy Dohutia in an e-mail to the media here said "After
killing the three youths on the main road as they were
travelling in a motor-cycle, the security forces to hide their
crime displayed the bodies of the slain three with arms
falsely claiming them to be ULFA cadres."
The e-mail said security forces put arms and ULFA
pads, seized earlier from other insurgents and claim the slain
youths as ULFA militants.
Arunachal Pradesh police said three ULFA militants
were killed in an encounter with personnel of 26 Maratha Light
Infantry regiment near Noadehing Bridge at Namsai in
Assam-Arunachal boundary at around 10.15 PM last night and one
9 mm pistol, a .22 pistol, a Chinese grenade along with ULFA
pads were found in their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- PHOTO: Virat Kohli in his all new avatar!
- Working birthday for Arjun Kapoor, says Chetan Bhagat
- J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti says she 'felt ashamed as a Muslim', stirs controversy — Read details
- With 31% jump, HDFC's Aditya Puri top gainer in salary hike among private bank chiefs
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!