Innocent Assam youths killed in Arunachal : ULFA
Guwahati: The anti-talk faction of ULFA
today claimed that the three men shot dead in an encounter in
Lohit district of Arunachal Pradesh were not its cadres but
`innocent` Assamese youths.
ULFA (Paresh Baruah) publicity secretary `lieutenant`
Arunudoy Dohutia in an e-mail to the media here said "After
killing the three youths on the main road as they were
travelling in a motor-cycle, the security forces to hide their
crime displayed the bodies of the slain three with arms
falsely claiming them to be ULFA cadres."
The e-mail said security forces put arms and ULFA
pads, seized earlier from other insurgents and claim the slain
youths as ULFA militants.
Arunachal Pradesh police said three ULFA militants
were killed in an encounter with personnel of 26 Maratha Light
Infantry regiment near Noadehing Bridge at Namsai in
Assam-Arunachal boundary at around 10.15 PM last night and one
9 mm pistol, a .22 pistol, a Chinese grenade along with ULFA
pads were found in their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray