Insurgency takes 2253 lives in 10 yrs in Assam
Guwahati: Altogether 2253 persons have
been killed by insurgents during the period of 2001-2011 in
Replying to a question by Bodo Peoples` Front (BPF)
legislator Kamalsing Narzary, Forest Minister Rockybul
Hussain, replying on behalf of the Chief Minister, who holds
the home portfolio, said those killed include 1962 civilians
and 291 security personnel.
Altogether 1759 insurgents and 25 civilians have been
killed in encounters with security forces during the said
period, he said.
Besides these, 150 civilians have lost their lives in
firing by security personnel to control law and order
situation, the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray