Insurgency takes 2253 lives in 10 yrs in Assam
Guwahati: Altogether 2253 persons have
been killed by insurgents during the period of 2001-2011 in
Replying to a question by Bodo Peoples` Front (BPF)
legislator Kamalsing Narzary, Forest Minister Rockybul
Hussain, replying on behalf of the Chief Minister, who holds
the home portfolio, said those killed include 1962 civilians
and 291 security personnel.
Altogether 1759 insurgents and 25 civilians have been
killed in encounters with security forces during the said
period, he said.
Besides these, 150 civilians have lost their lives in
firing by security personnel to control law and order
situation, the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!
- Baltimore police officer acquitted in Freddie Gray death
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in Syrian government-held cities
- India, Iran, Afghanistan ink 'historic' Chabahar port agreement; PM Modi calls it 'corridor of peace, prosperity'
- Jayalalithaa sworn in as Tamil Nadu CM for sixth time, inducts 32 ministers