Insurgency takes 2253 lives in 10 yrs in Assam
Guwahati: Altogether 2253 persons have
been killed by insurgents during the period of 2001-2011 in
Replying to a question by Bodo Peoples` Front (BPF)
legislator Kamalsing Narzary, Forest Minister Rockybul
Hussain, replying on behalf of the Chief Minister, who holds
the home portfolio, said those killed include 1962 civilians
and 291 security personnel.
Altogether 1759 insurgents and 25 civilians have been
killed in encounters with security forces during the said
period, he said.
Besides these, 150 civilians have lost their lives in
firing by security personnel to control law and order
situation, the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?