Inter-ministerial team to visit Assam
New Delhi: An inter-ministerial central team of senior officers will visit Assam on Tuesday to assess relief and rehabilitation requirements of violence-affected people there.
The six-member delegation of Joint Secretaries will visit Kokrajhar, Dhubri, Chirang and Baksa districts and see the steps being taken for relief and rehabilitation of those affected during the recent violence between Bodos and immigrant minorities.
Apart from Joint Secretary (Northeast) in the Home Ministry Shambhu Singh, the other officers belong to the Ministries of Health, Agriculture, Tribal Affairs etc.
The team will hold meetings with state government officials and take stock of the plans being chalked out to implement the Rs 300-crore relief package announced by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for violence-hit survivors.
The officials also held a meeting with Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth this evening which was also attended by Union Home Secretary RK Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported