International seminar of UNESCO in Guwahati from Nov 25
Guwahati: A two-day international seminar of UNESCO is scheduled to be held here from November 25 next.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi reviewed the arrangements being made for the seminar in collaboration with UNESCO and the event was likely to be attended by its director Irina Bokova.
The Chief Minister directed the General Administration Department (GAD), the nodal department, the Tourism and Cultural Affairs Departments to make all-out arrangements to make the stay of foreign and Indian delegates memorable in the state, official sources said.
Dignitaries from Russia, Vietnam, Nigeria, South Korea, Italy, Austria, Kazakhastan, Cyprus, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal and from different States of India were expected to arrive in the State on November 24.
Cultural programmes have been lined up to showcase the rich heritage of Assam.
The delegates will be taken to Pobitora, Hajo, Sualkuchi, Kamakhya temple, Srimanta Sankaradeva Kalakshetra cultural complex, nearby tea gardens and river cruise on the Brahmaputra.
The Tourism Department will make an audio-visual presentation on the state`s rich tourism potential.
After a two-day stay in Guwahati, the delegates will proceed to Shillong on November 27.
- LeEco's Le 1s top-selling smartphone in online sales: Report
- Indian Premier League 2014: New KXIP skipper Murali Vijay hails Axar Patel's hat-trick as 'incredible' performance
- LeEco to launch Made in India phone in its event on Tuesday?
- Former Jana Sangh president Balraj Madhok passes away, PM Modi condoles death
- Confirmed! Secretaries panel reviewing 7th CPC to submit report in June; likely to recommend better pay