International seminar of UNESCO in Guwahati from Nov 25
Guwahati: A two-day international seminar of UNESCO is scheduled to be held here from November 25 next.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi reviewed the arrangements being made for the seminar in collaboration with UNESCO and the event was likely to be attended by its director Irina Bokova.
The Chief Minister directed the General Administration Department (GAD), the nodal department, the Tourism and Cultural Affairs Departments to make all-out arrangements to make the stay of foreign and Indian delegates memorable in the state, official sources said.
Dignitaries from Russia, Vietnam, Nigeria, South Korea, Italy, Austria, Kazakhastan, Cyprus, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal and from different States of India were expected to arrive in the State on November 24.
Cultural programmes have been lined up to showcase the rich heritage of Assam.
The delegates will be taken to Pobitora, Hajo, Sualkuchi, Kamakhya temple, Srimanta Sankaradeva Kalakshetra cultural complex, nearby tea gardens and river cruise on the Brahmaputra.
The Tourism Department will make an audio-visual presentation on the state`s rich tourism potential.
After a two-day stay in Guwahati, the delegates will proceed to Shillong on November 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why