Irani seeks Gogoi`s intervention for implementation of schemes
Guwahati: Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Zubin Irani has sought Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi`s intervention for timely implementation of various schemes related to education in the state.
The schemes mentioned in the union HRD minister`s letter to Gogoi were Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), Rashtriya Madyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA), Mid-day Meal (MDM) and Teacher Education programme, an official release said today.
In the letter, Irani said the first tranche of funds under SSA and MDM programmes for 2014-15 have been already released while others were in the process of being released.
She also sought Gogoi`s support and direction for completion of pending works like new schools, additional classrooms, girls` toilets in schools, kitchen sheds and filling up of teachers` vacancies under SSA in the state.
The HRD Minister underlined the need for rational deployment of teachers.
Irani pointed out that Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan was committed to setting up schools in Barpeta and Rangiya but was awaiting allocation of land from the state government.
The HRD Minister lauded the adoption of many good practices, especially the system of a `green-channel` for mid-day meal fund release which ensures that schools provide daily meals without interruption.
"This is a feature that we will recommend to other states," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi