Jorhat: Three suspected of witchcraft missing
Jorhat (Assam): Three members of a family who were missing, were suspected to have been killed for allegedly practising witchcraft at Majuli in Assam`s Jorhat district.
A couple and their 13-year old son have been missing since yesterday from Lower Majuli`s Borduwa Chapori in the world`s largest river island, police said today.
The police suspect the family was killed following the death of a youth in March after which the local people had alleged it was due to witchcraft practised by the family.
The authorities had carried out awareness programmes following the incident.
The missing members are Rajkumar and Bornali Doley along with their son Moni Doley.
Police investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead