Jorhat: Three suspected of witchcraft missing
Jorhat (Assam): Three members of a family who were missing, were suspected to have been killed for allegedly practising witchcraft at Majuli in Assam`s Jorhat district.
A couple and their 13-year old son have been missing since yesterday from Lower Majuli`s Borduwa Chapori in the world`s largest river island, police said today.
The police suspect the family was killed following the death of a youth in March after which the local people had alleged it was due to witchcraft practised by the family.
The authorities had carried out awareness programmes following the incident.
The missing members are Rajkumar and Bornali Doley along with their son Moni Doley.
Police investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today