Kalam for research for all-round excellence
Silchar (Assam): Former President APJ Abdul Kalam on Sunday stressed the importance of research and cultural development for all-round excellence.
"Youths should persevere to achieve excellence in research, technology and cultural development which will ultimately lead to all-round development," Kalam said while addressing the 11th Convocation of National Institute of Technology, Silchar.
Renowned institution like NITs and other knowledge centres should emphasise on achieving excellence as this was the key to ensure poverty alleviation from the society.
The former President urged the youths to pursue excellence in their respective fields which will not only make them better human beings but also transform the society and economy.
"It does not matter who you are but it is your work that matters and if you aim to achieve excellence in your chosen field, there is nothing that can stop you from becoming a success," he added.
He further urged the youths to contribute to society in such a way that they can become a part of history.
"Keep striving for excellence and make yourself a page in history," Kalam added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal