Kalam for research for all-round excellence
Silchar (Assam): Former President APJ Abdul Kalam on Sunday stressed the importance of research and cultural development for all-round excellence.
"Youths should persevere to achieve excellence in research, technology and cultural development which will ultimately lead to all-round development," Kalam said while addressing the 11th Convocation of National Institute of Technology, Silchar.
Renowned institution like NITs and other knowledge centres should emphasise on achieving excellence as this was the key to ensure poverty alleviation from the society.
The former President urged the youths to pursue excellence in their respective fields which will not only make them better human beings but also transform the society and economy.
"It does not matter who you are but it is your work that matters and if you aim to achieve excellence in your chosen field, there is nothing that can stop you from becoming a success," he added.
He further urged the youths to contribute to society in such a way that they can become a part of history.
"Keep striving for excellence and make yourself a page in history," Kalam added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus