Kalam for research for all-round excellence
Silchar (Assam): Former President APJ Abdul Kalam on Sunday stressed the importance of research and cultural development for all-round excellence.
"Youths should persevere to achieve excellence in research, technology and cultural development which will ultimately lead to all-round development," Kalam said while addressing the 11th Convocation of National Institute of Technology, Silchar.
Renowned institution like NITs and other knowledge centres should emphasise on achieving excellence as this was the key to ensure poverty alleviation from the society.
The former President urged the youths to pursue excellence in their respective fields which will not only make them better human beings but also transform the society and economy.
"It does not matter who you are but it is your work that matters and if you aim to achieve excellence in your chosen field, there is nothing that can stop you from becoming a success," he added.
He further urged the youths to contribute to society in such a way that they can become a part of history.
"Keep striving for excellence and make yourself a page in history," Kalam added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands