KPLT ultra killed in encounter in Assam
Diphu: A Karbi People`s Liberation Tigers (KPLT) militant was killed in an encounter with a joint army and police team in Bokajan subdivision area of Assam`s Karbi Anglong district on Tuesday.
A five-member group of the KPLT exchanged fire with the security forces at BorLangso under Chokihola police station and one of the ultras was gunned down, district superintendent of police BB Chetri told a news agency.
Stating that the militant was yet to be identified, Chetri said an AK-56 assault rifle, one 9-mm pistol and a huge amount of ammunition were recovered from the slain extremist.
The rest of the group fled away, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players