KPLT ultra killed in encounter in Assam
Diphu: A Karbi People`s Liberation Tigers (KPLT) militant was killed in an encounter with a joint army and police team in Bokajan subdivision area of Assam`s Karbi Anglong district on Tuesday.
A five-member group of the KPLT exchanged fire with the security forces at BorLangso under Chokihola police station and one of the ultras was gunned down, district superintendent of police BB Chetri told a news agency.
Stating that the militant was yet to be identified, Chetri said an AK-56 assault rifle, one 9-mm pistol and a huge amount of ammunition were recovered from the slain extremist.
The rest of the group fled away, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!