KPLT ultra killed in encounter in Assam
Diphu: A Karbi People`s Liberation Tigers (KPLT) militant was killed in an encounter with a joint army and police team in Bokajan subdivision area of Assam`s Karbi Anglong district on Tuesday.
A five-member group of the KPLT exchanged fire with the security forces at BorLangso under Chokihola police station and one of the ultras was gunned down, district superintendent of police BB Chetri told a news agency.
Stating that the militant was yet to be identified, Chetri said an AK-56 assault rifle, one 9-mm pistol and a huge amount of ammunition were recovered from the slain extremist.
The rest of the group fled away, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city