Landslide buries three of family in Assam
Guwahati: Three members of a family, including two minor girls, were killed in a landslide triggered by incessant rains here early Wednesday, police said.
The incident took place at Dhirenpara locality here.
The deceased were identified as Marzina Begum (40) and her two daughters Jesmin (14) and Mainu (7), police said.
"The incident took place around 2.30 a.m. when heavy mud fell down from the adjacent hills and pressed a portion of the house against the ground, where the three were sleeping," a police official said, adding the bodies have been recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you