Landslide buries three of family in Assam
Guwahati: Three members of a family, including two minor girls, were killed in a landslide triggered by incessant rains here early Wednesday, police said.
The incident took place at Dhirenpara locality here.
The deceased were identified as Marzina Begum (40) and her two daughters Jesmin (14) and Mainu (7), police said.
"The incident took place around 2.30 a.m. when heavy mud fell down from the adjacent hills and pressed a portion of the house against the ground, where the three were sleeping," a police official said, adding the bodies have been recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him