Landslide buries three of family in Assam
Guwahati: Three members of a family, including two minor girls, were killed in a landslide triggered by incessant rains here early Wednesday, police said.
The incident took place at Dhirenpara locality here.
The deceased were identified as Marzina Begum (40) and her two daughters Jesmin (14) and Mainu (7), police said.
"The incident took place around 2.30 a.m. when heavy mud fell down from the adjacent hills and pressed a portion of the house against the ground, where the three were sleeping," a police official said, adding the bodies have been recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Shabir Choudhry rejects UN Secy Gen's letter to Pak PM as ''unimpressive''
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today