Landslide buries three of family in Assam
Guwahati: Three members of a family, including two minor girls, were killed in a landslide triggered by incessant rains here early Wednesday, police said.
The incident took place at Dhirenpara locality here.
The deceased were identified as Marzina Begum (40) and her two daughters Jesmin (14) and Mainu (7), police said.
"The incident took place around 2.30 a.m. when heavy mud fell down from the adjacent hills and pressed a portion of the house against the ground, where the three were sleeping," a police official said, adding the bodies have been recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?