Last accused in Guwahati molestation case surrenders
Guwahati: The last accused in Guwahati molestation case of July 9 has surrendered.
The police said the last accused in the case, Sikandar Basfore, gave himself up late last evening at Bhangagarh police station here. With this all the 17 accused in the case have been arrested by the police.
Basfore will be produced before the court later today and the police would seek his custody, sources said.
Of the 16 other accused, 15 are in judicial custody, including the prime accused Amar Jyoti Kalita.
On August 13, the Guahati High Court had granted bail to Gaurav Jyoti Neog, the former journalist of a city-based private news channel, who had first filmed the incident which happened in the busy GS Road in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug