Last accused in Guwahati molestation case surrenders
Guwahati: The last accused in Guwahati molestation case of July 9 has surrendered.
The police said the last accused in the case, Sikandar Basfore, gave himself up late last evening at Bhangagarh police station here. With this all the 17 accused in the case have been arrested by the police.
Basfore will be produced before the court later today and the police would seek his custody, sources said.
Of the 16 other accused, 15 are in judicial custody, including the prime accused Amar Jyoti Kalita.
On August 13, the Guahati High Court had granted bail to Gaurav Jyoti Neog, the former journalist of a city-based private news channel, who had first filmed the incident which happened in the busy GS Road in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'