Last accused in Guwahati molestation case surrenders
Guwahati: The last accused in Guwahati molestation case of July 9 has surrendered.
The police said the last accused in the case, Sikandar Basfore, gave himself up late last evening at Bhangagarh police station here. With this all the 17 accused in the case have been arrested by the police.
Basfore will be produced before the court later today and the police would seek his custody, sources said.
Of the 16 other accused, 15 are in judicial custody, including the prime accused Amar Jyoti Kalita.
On August 13, the Guahati High Court had granted bail to Gaurav Jyoti Neog, the former journalist of a city-based private news channel, who had first filmed the incident which happened in the busy GS Road in the city.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- VIDEO: Martin Guptill takes time off IPL; plays cricket with kids at Dharavi
- Tata group doubles published patents in 2 years to 7,000
- Watch: South Korean mom throws kids out of multi-story building on fire
- Kingfisher House auction: Lenders begin revaluation in a bid to sell it
- WATCH: From Nehra ji to Shahenshah, Sunrisers Hyderabad's India pacer has come a long way!