Last accused in Guwahati molestation case surrenders
Guwahati: The last accused in Guwahati molestation case of July 9 has surrendered.
The police said the last accused in the case, Sikandar Basfore, gave himself up late last evening at Bhangagarh police station here. With this all the 17 accused in the case have been arrested by the police.
Basfore will be produced before the court later today and the police would seek his custody, sources said.
Of the 16 other accused, 15 are in judicial custody, including the prime accused Amar Jyoti Kalita.
On August 13, the Guahati High Court had granted bail to Gaurav Jyoti Neog, the former journalist of a city-based private news channel, who had first filmed the incident which happened in the busy GS Road in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'