Leopard injures four in Jorhat
Jorhat (Assam): Four persons, including a minor, were seriously injured in an attack by a leopard at Titabor Forest Range in Assam`s Jorhat district, forest department sources said on Sunday.
The attack by the full-grown leopardess took place last night at Kukura Chora Bahoi village when three daily wagers and a minor boy were returning from work, the sources said.
Locals in the area claimed that the animal had taken away over 10 goats and calves from the area in the past 15 days.
The animal has created panic in various localities of the area, they added.
The injured were taken to the Jalukanibari PHC and later rushed to Jorhat Medical College, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Christians should ask gay community for forgiveness for past treatment: Pope Francis
- Can you SPOT Aamir Khan in this picture? SEE inside
- 7th Pay Commission: Non-performing govt employees to not get annual increment
- Tri-Nation series final: Mitchell Marsh, Josh Hazlewood guide Australia to 58-run win over West Indies
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way