Litterateur and lyricist Manoranjan Baruah dead
Nagaon (Assam): Noted litterateur and lyricist Manoranjan Baruah passed away at his residence here following a brief illness.
Baruah, who died last night, was 75.
He is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter, family sources said.
Baruah, who composed several songs, dramas and authored two books, served as president of Sangeet Shilpi Mancha.
He was also general secretary of Sanskrit Bhasa Vikash Manch and was associated with several cultural and social organisations of Nagaon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore