Litterateur and lyricist Manoranjan Baruah dead
Nagaon (Assam): Noted litterateur and lyricist Manoranjan Baruah passed away at his residence here following a brief illness.
Baruah, who died last night, was 75.
He is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter, family sources said.
Baruah, who composed several songs, dramas and authored two books, served as president of Sangeet Shilpi Mancha.
He was also general secretary of Sanskrit Bhasa Vikash Manch and was associated with several cultural and social organisations of Nagaon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued