Litterateur and lyricist Manoranjan Baruah dead
Nagaon (Assam): Noted litterateur and lyricist Manoranjan Baruah passed away at his residence here following a brief illness.
Baruah, who died last night, was 75.
He is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter, family sources said.
Baruah, who composed several songs, dramas and authored two books, served as president of Sangeet Shilpi Mancha.
He was also general secretary of Sanskrit Bhasa Vikash Manch and was associated with several cultural and social organisations of Nagaon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference