Litterateur and lyricist Manoranjan Baruah dead
Nagaon (Assam): Noted litterateur and lyricist Manoranjan Baruah passed away at his residence here following a brief illness.
Baruah, who died last night, was 75.
He is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter, family sources said.
Baruah, who composed several songs, dramas and authored two books, served as president of Sangeet Shilpi Mancha.
He was also general secretary of Sanskrit Bhasa Vikash Manch and was associated with several cultural and social organisations of Nagaon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed