Mahanta`s complaint to EC against Cong
Nagaon: Former Assam chief minister and senior AGP leader Prafulla Kumar Mahanta has lodged a complaint with the Election Commission alleging violence by
his Congress opponent in Samuguri Assembly constituency.
"At least 15 Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) supporters have been injured in pre-planned attacks by supporters of Congress nominee and minister Rockybul Hussain in the run up to the election," Mahanta, who is contesting the seat in central
"Every time a meeting is held (by the AGP) it is followed by attacks by the hooligans at the behest of Hussain," he alleged.
Most of the injured, including a 87-year-old person, have been admitted in the Nagaon civil hospital, he claimed.
Mahanta, who is also contesting from Bahrampur Assembly seat, also urged the EC to ensure that there is no poll code violation and security is provided to opposition party nominees.
"There is virtually no security and the police has not responded well. There is a feeling that they are biased and working at the orders of the ruling party," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH