Man gets death penalty for killing son, daughter
Dhemaji: A local court Tuesday sentenced a man to death for killing his son and daughter.
District Sessions Judge Lokeswar Hazarika sentenced to death Prabhat Gogoi who killed his son and daughter on July 14, 2009.
A fine of Rs 10,000 was also slapped on him.
Gogoi, a resident of Ujwalpur village under Silapathar police station, had attempted to kill his wife and three children with an axe following a family dispute but his wife and son survived with serious injuries, while another son and a daughter died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!