Man gets death penalty for killing son, daughter
Dhemaji: A local court Tuesday sentenced a man to death for killing his son and daughter.
District Sessions Judge Lokeswar Hazarika sentenced to death Prabhat Gogoi who killed his son and daughter on July 14, 2009.
A fine of Rs 10,000 was also slapped on him.
Gogoi, a resident of Ujwalpur village under Silapathar police station, had attempted to kill his wife and three children with an axe following a family dispute but his wife and son survived with serious injuries, while another son and a daughter died.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'