Man gets death penalty for killing son, daughter
Dhemaji: A local court Tuesday sentenced a man to death for killing his son and daughter.
District Sessions Judge Lokeswar Hazarika sentenced to death Prabhat Gogoi who killed his son and daughter on July 14, 2009.
A fine of Rs 10,000 was also slapped on him.
Gogoi, a resident of Ujwalpur village under Silapathar police station, had attempted to kill his wife and three children with an axe following a family dispute but his wife and son survived with serious injuries, while another son and a daughter died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?