Man gets death penalty for killing son, daughter
Dhemaji: A local court Tuesday sentenced a man to death for killing his son and daughter.
District Sessions Judge Lokeswar Hazarika sentenced to death Prabhat Gogoi who killed his son and daughter on July 14, 2009.
A fine of Rs 10,000 was also slapped on him.
Gogoi, a resident of Ujwalpur village under Silapathar police station, had attempted to kill his wife and three children with an axe following a family dispute but his wife and son survived with serious injuries, while another son and a daughter died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation