Man killed by miscreants, firing by police
Nagaon (Assam): A person was killed by miscreants following which an angry mob attacked a police station forcing the police to open fire to disperse the mob on Thursday at Lanka in Assam`s Nagaon district.
A person, with an alleged criminal background, was killed by unidentified gunman in the residence of another person at Udaipur village of the people.
On getting the information police brought his body to Lanka police station, where several hundreds of people gathered since this morning alleging that he was killed by the police.
The mob pelted stone at the policemen, the residence of Lanka police station`s officer-in-charge and the car of Hojai sub-divisional officer and damaged it.
The led the police to fire in the air to control the situation. There was, however, no report of any injury or casualty.
Senior police and civil officials rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat