Man killed by miscreants, firing by police
Nagaon (Assam): A person was killed by miscreants following which an angry mob attacked a police station forcing the police to open fire to disperse the mob on Thursday at Lanka in Assam`s Nagaon district.
A person, with an alleged criminal background, was killed by unidentified gunman in the residence of another person at Udaipur village of the people.
On getting the information police brought his body to Lanka police station, where several hundreds of people gathered since this morning alleging that he was killed by the police.
The mob pelted stone at the policemen, the residence of Lanka police station`s officer-in-charge and the car of Hojai sub-divisional officer and damaged it.
The led the police to fire in the air to control the situation. There was, however, no report of any injury or casualty.
Senior police and civil officials rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened