Man killed by miscreants, firing by police
Nagaon (Assam): A person was killed by miscreants following which an angry mob attacked a police station forcing the police to open fire to disperse the mob on Thursday at Lanka in Assam`s Nagaon district.
A person, with an alleged criminal background, was killed by unidentified gunman in the residence of another person at Udaipur village of the people.
On getting the information police brought his body to Lanka police station, where several hundreds of people gathered since this morning alleging that he was killed by the police.
The mob pelted stone at the policemen, the residence of Lanka police station`s officer-in-charge and the car of Hojai sub-divisional officer and damaged it.
The led the police to fire in the air to control the situation. There was, however, no report of any injury or casualty.
Senior police and civil officials rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees