Manna Dey`s Assamese songs were very popular: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Thursday said Manna Dey`s voice won over hearts of many generations in the last few decades.
Besides thousands of songs in Hindi, Bengali and other languages, Dey`s Assamese songs were also very popular among people, Gogoi said in a condolence message to the singer`s family.
"It is an irreparable loss to the country`s music, more particularly to film music," Gogoi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday