Manna Dey`s Assamese songs were very popular: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Thursday said Manna Dey`s voice won over hearts of many generations in the last few decades.
Besides thousands of songs in Hindi, Bengali and other languages, Dey`s Assamese songs were also very popular among people, Gogoi said in a condolence message to the singer`s family.
"It is an irreparable loss to the country`s music, more particularly to film music," Gogoi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!