Media houses have to pay notified wages-Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi Monday asserted that owners of media houses would have to pay wages to its employees according to rules notified by the Labour Commission.
"Employees of media organisations have to get their due and it must be mandatory for the owners to provide medical and other related facilities to the news organisation employees," Gogoi told journalists during the `Guest of the Month` interaction at the Press Club here.
He assured employees that he would take up the matter with the owners and try to resolve the issues.
He also promised that the state government would provide necessary facilities to the employees of this sector so that they could discharge their duties properly.
A model of the proposed state-of-the-art Guwahati Press Club complex was presented to the chief minister who assured that the state government would provide necessary land and other facilities for setting it up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter