Media houses have to pay notified wages-Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi Monday asserted that owners of media houses would have to pay wages to its employees according to rules notified by the Labour Commission.
"Employees of media organisations have to get their due and it must be mandatory for the owners to provide medical and other related facilities to the news organisation employees," Gogoi told journalists during the `Guest of the Month` interaction at the Press Club here.
He assured employees that he would take up the matter with the owners and try to resolve the issues.
He also promised that the state government would provide necessary facilities to the employees of this sector so that they could discharge their duties properly.
A model of the proposed state-of-the-art Guwahati Press Club complex was presented to the chief minister who assured that the state government would provide necessary land and other facilities for setting it up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report