Media houses have to pay notified wages-Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi Monday asserted that owners of media houses would have to pay wages to its employees according to rules notified by the Labour Commission.
"Employees of media organisations have to get their due and it must be mandatory for the owners to provide medical and other related facilities to the news organisation employees," Gogoi told journalists during the `Guest of the Month` interaction at the Press Club here.
He assured employees that he would take up the matter with the owners and try to resolve the issues.
He also promised that the state government would provide necessary facilities to the employees of this sector so that they could discharge their duties properly.
A model of the proposed state-of-the-art Guwahati Press Club complex was presented to the chief minister who assured that the state government would provide necessary land and other facilities for setting it up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley