Media urged not to attach Paresh Barua to ULFA`s name
Guwahati: Paresh Baruah, leader of the anti-talk faction of the ULFA, on Sunday appealed to media organisations not to call the outfit after him.
The anti-talk faction is usually referred to in the media as the Paresh Baruah-led faction after the group led by Chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa came overground to hold talks with the government to resolve the issue.
Paresh Baruah, in a statement e-mailed to PTI here -- pointed out that in recent times it has been noticed that mediapersons usually attach his name to refer to the outfit.
"I am not the head of ULFA but just a humble official of the outfit and our very identity is linked to that of the outfit," he pointed out.
The organisation is led by our Chairman Dr Abhijit Asom and ``we all follow directives issued by him``, he said.
"Moreover, neither the Chairman nor I have introduced any new aims, objectives, policies or ideologies but are committed to the original aims and objectives of the outfit adopted since its inception," he added.
The ULFA does not believe in a struggle spearheaded by a single individual and "I always tell my cadres that such a system can never bring any result or success to the movement".
"Therefore, it is my humble appeal to all mediapersons and people of Assam not to attach my name to the outfit," he added.
The anti-talk faction also took a decision earlier not to use their surnames but add the word `Asom` to their names.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day