Medical report finds no rape sign on injured minor in Assam
Silchar: The nine-year-old alleged rape victim does not have any sign of sexual assault on her as per the preliminary reports of the hospital where the girl is under treatment, police said on Tuesday.
"Preliminary medical tests conducted by the attending doctors at the Silchar Medical College Hospital have found no sign of rape or sexual assault on the girl,” Cachar Superintendent of Police Digonta Bora said.
The final medical report of the tests carried out on the girl was, however, yet to come, Bora said.
The girl is, however, out of danger, doctors said.
Two unidentified persons with their faces covered had kidnapped her when the minor girl from Karimganj had gone to visit her grandfather in Pechacherra village at about 3.30 pm on April 21, police said.
The nearby Kalain tea garden labourers while returning home spotted the girl with her throat slit inside the garden premises and rushed her to a hospital in a critical condition. She was later shifted to the Silchar Medical College Hospital.
A search operation has been launched to arrest the culprits, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Brexit fallout: 7th Pay Commission payout likely to be delayed
- Monsoon seen retreating late, June deficiency to narrow: Weather office
- Forex reserves touch a life-time high of $363.8 billion
- Women not safe in Bihar? After Nirbhaya-like gang-rape, another girl attacked with acid
- Modi, Putin vow to take forward India-Russia ties