Medical report finds no rape sign on injured minor in Assam
Silchar: The nine-year-old alleged rape victim does not have any sign of sexual assault on her as per the preliminary reports of the hospital where the girl is under treatment, police said on Tuesday.
"Preliminary medical tests conducted by the attending doctors at the Silchar Medical College Hospital have found no sign of rape or sexual assault on the girl,” Cachar Superintendent of Police Digonta Bora said.
The final medical report of the tests carried out on the girl was, however, yet to come, Bora said.
The girl is, however, out of danger, doctors said.
Two unidentified persons with their faces covered had kidnapped her when the minor girl from Karimganj had gone to visit her grandfather in Pechacherra village at about 3.30 pm on April 21, police said.
The nearby Kalain tea garden labourers while returning home spotted the girl with her throat slit inside the garden premises and rushed her to a hospital in a critical condition. She was later shifted to the Silchar Medical College Hospital.
A search operation has been launched to arrest the culprits, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'