Medical report finds no rape sign on injured minor in Assam
Silchar: The nine-year-old alleged rape victim does not have any sign of sexual assault on her as per the preliminary reports of the hospital where the girl is under treatment, police said on Tuesday.
"Preliminary medical tests conducted by the attending doctors at the Silchar Medical College Hospital have found no sign of rape or sexual assault on the girl,” Cachar Superintendent of Police Digonta Bora said.
The final medical report of the tests carried out on the girl was, however, yet to come, Bora said.
The girl is, however, out of danger, doctors said.
Two unidentified persons with their faces covered had kidnapped her when the minor girl from Karimganj had gone to visit her grandfather in Pechacherra village at about 3.30 pm on April 21, police said.
The nearby Kalain tea garden labourers while returning home spotted the girl with her throat slit inside the garden premises and rushed her to a hospital in a critical condition. She was later shifted to the Silchar Medical College Hospital.
A search operation has been launched to arrest the culprits, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP