Memo for proper rehab of Bru refugees: Assam
Karimganj (Assam): The Bru refugees have demanded their proper rehabilitation and resettlement in Mizoram after repatriation to their native land.
The Mizoram Bru Displaced People`s Forum (MBDPF) in a memorandum to Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde recently demanded proper rehabilitation of the Bru refugees in Mizoram.
All the families which are residents of Mizoram and as listed on the relief registers of Tripura government should be repatriated and rehabilitated in their homeland, the memorandum demanded.
As a precondition to their resettlement and rehabilitation in Mizoram, the memorandum demanded that land be alloted to each Bru family for jhum cultivation, free ration be provided to them for two years and a Rs 1.5 lakh compensation package be paid to each family.
The memorandum was signed by the Forum`s president A Sawibunga and general secretary Bruno Msha along with ten executive members.
The fourth phase of repatriation of the Bru refugees had hit a road block after they pointed out that the facilities and assistance promised by the Centre and the Mizoram government were not provided to those repatriated earlier.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'