Memo for proper rehab of Bru refugees: Assam
Karimganj (Assam): The Bru refugees have demanded their proper rehabilitation and resettlement in Mizoram after repatriation to their native land.
The Mizoram Bru Displaced People`s Forum (MBDPF) in a memorandum to Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde recently demanded proper rehabilitation of the Bru refugees in Mizoram.
All the families which are residents of Mizoram and as listed on the relief registers of Tripura government should be repatriated and rehabilitated in their homeland, the memorandum demanded.
As a precondition to their resettlement and rehabilitation in Mizoram, the memorandum demanded that land be alloted to each Bru family for jhum cultivation, free ration be provided to them for two years and a Rs 1.5 lakh compensation package be paid to each family.
The memorandum was signed by the Forum`s president A Sawibunga and general secretary Bruno Msha along with ten executive members.
The fourth phase of repatriation of the Bru refugees had hit a road block after they pointed out that the facilities and assistance promised by the Centre and the Mizoram government were not provided to those repatriated earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!