Mild earthquake hits northeast India, epicentre in Assam
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Guwahati: Northeast India was rattled early Tuesday when a mild intensity earthquake measuring 4.6 on the Richter scale jolted the Darrang region of Assam. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage to property.
As per the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the quake, epicentre at latitude 26.3 degrees North and longitude 92.0 degrees East, occurred at 0653 hours at a focal depth of 16 km.
Besides Meghalaya and Assam, tremors were also felt in Manipur, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh.
India`s northeast is considered the sixth major earthquake-prone belt in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand