Mild earthquake hits northeast India, epicentre in Assam
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Guwahati: Northeast India was rattled early Tuesday when a mild intensity earthquake measuring 4.6 on the Richter scale jolted the Darrang region of Assam. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage to property.
As per the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the quake, epicentre at latitude 26.3 degrees North and longitude 92.0 degrees East, occurred at 0653 hours at a focal depth of 16 km.
Besides Meghalaya and Assam, tremors were also felt in Manipur, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh.
India`s northeast is considered the sixth major earthquake-prone belt in the world.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India