Mild earthquake hits northeast India, epicentre in Assam
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Guwahati: Northeast India was rattled early Tuesday when a mild intensity earthquake measuring 4.6 on the Richter scale jolted the Darrang region of Assam. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage to property.
As per the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the quake, epicentre at latitude 26.3 degrees North and longitude 92.0 degrees East, occurred at 0653 hours at a focal depth of 16 km.
Besides Meghalaya and Assam, tremors were also felt in Manipur, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh.
India`s northeast is considered the sixth major earthquake-prone belt in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview