Mild earthquake hits northeast India, epicentre in Assam
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Guwahati: Northeast India was rattled early Tuesday when a mild intensity earthquake measuring 4.6 on the Richter scale jolted the Darrang region of Assam. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage to property.
As per the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the quake, epicentre at latitude 26.3 degrees North and longitude 92.0 degrees East, occurred at 0653 hours at a focal depth of 16 km.
Besides Meghalaya and Assam, tremors were also felt in Manipur, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh.
India`s northeast is considered the sixth major earthquake-prone belt in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win