Miscreants snatch chain from minister`s mother
Guwahati: Unidentified miscreants on Sun day snatched a gold chain from the mother of Assam Education and Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma in Kahilipara locality of the city.
Police said Sarma`s mother, Mrinalini Devi, was on her way for morning walk at around 7 am when two miscreants in a bike stopped near her.
They snatched the gold chain which she was wearing in her neck. However, the lady did not sustain any injuries.
An FIR has been lodged in the Dispur police station and efforts are on to nab the culprits.
Sarma is considered to be one of the most powerful ministers in the 11-year-old Tarun Gogoi ministry and a potential succesor to the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi