Miscreants snatch chain from minister`s mother
Guwahati: Unidentified miscreants on Sun day snatched a gold chain from the mother of Assam Education and Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma in Kahilipara locality of the city.
Police said Sarma`s mother, Mrinalini Devi, was on her way for morning walk at around 7 am when two miscreants in a bike stopped near her.
They snatched the gold chain which she was wearing in her neck. However, the lady did not sustain any injuries.
An FIR has been lodged in the Dispur police station and efforts are on to nab the culprits.
Sarma is considered to be one of the most powerful ministers in the 11-year-old Tarun Gogoi ministry and a potential succesor to the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi