Miscreants snatch chain from minister`s mother
Guwahati: Unidentified miscreants on Sun day snatched a gold chain from the mother of Assam Education and Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma in Kahilipara locality of the city.
Police said Sarma`s mother, Mrinalini Devi, was on her way for morning walk at around 7 am when two miscreants in a bike stopped near her.
They snatched the gold chain which she was wearing in her neck. However, the lady did not sustain any injuries.
An FIR has been lodged in the Dispur police station and efforts are on to nab the culprits.
Sarma is considered to be one of the most powerful ministers in the 11-year-old Tarun Gogoi ministry and a potential succesor to the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II