Miscreants snatch chain from minister`s mother
Guwahati: Unidentified miscreants on Sun day snatched a gold chain from the mother of Assam Education and Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma in Kahilipara locality of the city.
Police said Sarma`s mother, Mrinalini Devi, was on her way for morning walk at around 7 am when two miscreants in a bike stopped near her.
They snatched the gold chain which she was wearing in her neck. However, the lady did not sustain any injuries.
An FIR has been lodged in the Dispur police station and efforts are on to nab the culprits.
Sarma is considered to be one of the most powerful ministers in the 11-year-old Tarun Gogoi ministry and a potential succesor to the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users