Moily assures Assam govt of help to improve power
Guwahati: Power Minister M Veerappa Moily on Monday assured the Assam government that all possible help would be provided by the Centre to improve power scenario in the state.
Moily, who held a meeting with Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi here, discussed among other things the possibility of tapping power supply from neighbouring Bhutan and other states in the region.
Assam Power Minister Pradyut Bordoloi made a presentation on the status of the various power projects in the state and its various requirements and shortcomings.
The projects that came up for discussion include among others the Lower Subansiri Hydro Power Project, Bongaigaon Thermal Power Project and Implementation of Rajiv Gandhi Rural Electrification Project in Tinsukia and Goalpara districts.
The state government also urged the Union Minister to ensure adequate coal supply to Margherita Thermal Power Project and gas supply for the Amguri Power Project.
Moily also assured that the centre would take up the issue of buying 50 per cent power from NEEPCO`s Monarchak project in Tripura.
The Union Minister further assured that the Centre would take immediate steps to ensure that 75 per cent of the demands put forward by the state government were taken care of.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says