More than 100 fall ill after consuming gram in Assam
Jorhat (Assam): More than 100 people fell ill after consuming gram during a meeting in Majuli, the world`s largest river island, in Assam`s Jorhat district, official sources said on Monday.
People had consumed the gram served during a meeting held last evening also attended by Assam Water Resources Minister Rajib Lochan Pegu, and complained of uneasiness, vomiting and dysentery since last night.
At least 120 people were taken to Pitambar Deva Goswami Health Centre, where 15 of them were referred to Jorhat MedicalCollege and 65 of them were still under treatment while the rest were released after initial treatment.
Jorhat Joint Direct of Health Dr Sarat Chandra Das said that this was case of food poisoning caused by the contaminated gram which has been sent for laboratory test.
The meeting was held in view of today`s Mishing Autonomous Council election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing