Motorcycle rally from the Bangla border point to Wagah
Karimganj: Linking two points of the border, a motorcyle rally from Sutarkandi village bordering Bangladesh would leave for Wagah on Pakistan border traversing more than 150 towns to build awareness about blood donation.
Organised by the Barak Valley Voluntary Blood Donors` Forum, the rally, to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, was scheduled to begin on January one and return back on February seven, Forum Secretary Ashu Paul told reporters here today.
He said 20 people on 10 bikes will begin their journey from Sutarkandi while 30 more members of the West Bengal Voluntary Blood Donors? Forum would subsequently join with 20 motorcycles at Barasat in West Bengal.
The rally would cover a total distance of about 8,600 kms and will move through eight cities - Shillong, Guwahati, Kolkata, Ranchi, Lucknow, Delhi and Chandigarh.
Paul said that on their way they would also call upon President Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi and an appointment has been already fixed in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said