Motorcycle rally from the Bangla border point to Wagah
Karimganj: Linking two points of the border, a motorcyle rally from Sutarkandi village bordering Bangladesh would leave for Wagah on Pakistan border traversing more than 150 towns to build awareness about blood donation.
Organised by the Barak Valley Voluntary Blood Donors` Forum, the rally, to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, was scheduled to begin on January one and return back on February seven, Forum Secretary Ashu Paul told reporters here today.
He said 20 people on 10 bikes will begin their journey from Sutarkandi while 30 more members of the West Bengal Voluntary Blood Donors? Forum would subsequently join with 20 motorcycles at Barasat in West Bengal.
The rally would cover a total distance of about 8,600 kms and will move through eight cities - Shillong, Guwahati, Kolkata, Ranchi, Lucknow, Delhi and Chandigarh.
Paul said that on their way they would also call upon President Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi and an appointment has been already fixed in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read