National Council of Churches visits Assam camps
Shillong: A team of the National Council of Churches in India (NCCI) on Monday began their two-day visit to the relief camps in Assam`s Kokrajhar, Chirang and Dhubri to take stock of the situation and to express solidarity with the victims of violence.
Led by Solomon Rongpi, the executive secretary for Unity, Mission & Evangelism, the nine-member NCCI team has representatives from the Presbyterian Churches of India, the Young Women Christian Association, the Lutheran Church and others.
"Today we visited four major camps in Kokrajhar and Chirang districts," Rongpi told a news agency.
He said the team would visit a major camp tomorrow before winding up their visit.
"We have seen how other churches and the NGOs render their services to the people in need at the camps," he said.
The team would send a report to the NCCI for extending any help to the affected people on behalf of the Council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you