NDA ideal platform for grooming of cadets: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has said that the National Defence Academy is an ideal platform for overall grooming of cadets.
Gogoi was speaking at the NDA, Khadakwasla in Pune yesterday where he went to give away the Lachit Borphukan Gold Medal for the cadet adjudged the best for officer-like qualities.
The medal went to Battalion Cadet Captain Deepak Kandpal.
The chief minister placed Lachit Borphukan in the same league as Chattrapati Shivaji and Maharana Pratap Singh and said these valiant men led from the front and left an indelible mark in the annals of military history.
The Lachit Borphukan Gold Medal for the best cadet of the NDA in officer-like qualities was instituted by the Assam government in May, 2000 to perpetuate the memory of Lachit Borphukan, the Commander-in-Chief of the erstwhile Ahom Kingdom of Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi