NDA ideal platform for grooming of cadets: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has said that the National Defence Academy is an ideal platform for overall grooming of cadets.
Gogoi was speaking at the NDA, Khadakwasla in Pune yesterday where he went to give away the Lachit Borphukan Gold Medal for the cadet adjudged the best for officer-like qualities.
The medal went to Battalion Cadet Captain Deepak Kandpal.
The chief minister placed Lachit Borphukan in the same league as Chattrapati Shivaji and Maharana Pratap Singh and said these valiant men led from the front and left an indelible mark in the annals of military history.
The Lachit Borphukan Gold Medal for the best cadet of the NDA in officer-like qualities was instituted by the Assam government in May, 2000 to perpetuate the memory of Lachit Borphukan, the Commander-in-Chief of the erstwhile Ahom Kingdom of Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam