NDFB cadres killed, seven Kuki rebels nabbed in Assam
Guwahati: In an early-morning swoop on Thursday, security forces gunned down two hardcore militants belonging to the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) in Assam`s Sonitpur district, police said.
Police said that two of their own men sustained injuries in the shoot-out. The injured policemen were reported to be out of danger.
"Acting on a tip-off, Assam Police commandos launched an operation at Tarabari. Seeing the police commandos, the militants fired at the police party. This forced the police to retaliate. In the ensuing exchange of fire, two NDFB cadres were killed," said Sonitpur Superintendent of Police Arabinda Kalita.
Police said one of the slain militants has been identified as Gourang, and the other has yet to be identified.
"The identified militant was involved in the killing of tea planter Adilur Rahman in November last year," the police superintendent said, adding that the cadre was also involved in several cases of extortion and other anti-social cases in the district.
In another incident in Assam`s Karbi Anglong district, police Thursday arrested seven cadres of the Kuki Revolutionary Army (KRA).
Police in Karbi Anglong district said that all seven were arrested from Saijan area under Dilai police station in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read