NESO agitation against exodus
Guwahati: The North East Students Organisation (NESO) on Friday announced an agitational programme, including a bandh in N E states, to protest against the recent exodus of students and professionals from other states.
Addressing a press conference after an emergent meeting, leaders of the apex student body of the region announced a public rally to be held here on September six where government representatives from Karnataka, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh from where the exodus had taken place will be invited.
"Simultaneously a 12-hour bandh will be held on that day in all the N E states, except Assam, to resent the atrocities meted out to the N E people, arrest of the culprits, and immediate detection and deportation of illegal migrants", NESO Chairman Dr Samujjal Bhattacharjya and Secretary General Gumjum Haider said.
The NESO have also demanded that rehabilitation measures set to be undertaken for the victims of Kokrajhar, Chirang and Dhubri must be given only to indigenous people and not illegal migrants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security