New Guwahati Archbishop
Guwahati: Reverend John Moolachira will be
the new Archbishop of Guwahati Diocese and will take charge on
He will succeed Archibishop Thomas Menamparampil who
retired earlier this year.
"Rev Moolachira has already taken over as Archbishop of
Guwahati on January 12 last but his formal Episcopal
Installation will take place on March 4," Vicar General of
Guwahati Archdiocese Fr Verghese Kizhakevely told reporters.
The Guwahati Archdiocese, created in 1992, covers the
districts of Nagaon, Goalpara, Kamrup, Bongaigaon, Morigaon
and parts of Baksa.
Kizhakevely said Kerala-born Moolachira, who has served
as the Bishop of Diphu, will take forward various social
projects and peace initiatives launched by his predeccesor.
Moolachira was born in Puthuserrykadavu in Kerala in
1951 and had studied in Chennai, Pune and Shillong before
being ordained as a priest in 1978.
In 2005, he was sent to the Vatican for a doctorate in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what