New Guwahati Archbishop
Guwahati: Reverend John Moolachira will be
the new Archbishop of Guwahati Diocese and will take charge on
He will succeed Archibishop Thomas Menamparampil who
retired earlier this year.
"Rev Moolachira has already taken over as Archbishop of
Guwahati on January 12 last but his formal Episcopal
Installation will take place on March 4," Vicar General of
Guwahati Archdiocese Fr Verghese Kizhakevely told reporters.
The Guwahati Archdiocese, created in 1992, covers the
districts of Nagaon, Goalpara, Kamrup, Bongaigaon, Morigaon
and parts of Baksa.
Kizhakevely said Kerala-born Moolachira, who has served
as the Bishop of Diphu, will take forward various social
projects and peace initiatives launched by his predeccesor.
Moolachira was born in Puthuserrykadavu in Kerala in
1951 and had studied in Chennai, Pune and Shillong before
being ordained as a priest in 1978.
In 2005, he was sent to the Vatican for a doctorate in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed