New Guwahati Archbishop
Guwahati: Reverend John Moolachira will be
the new Archbishop of Guwahati Diocese and will take charge on
He will succeed Archibishop Thomas Menamparampil who
retired earlier this year.
"Rev Moolachira has already taken over as Archbishop of
Guwahati on January 12 last but his formal Episcopal
Installation will take place on March 4," Vicar General of
Guwahati Archdiocese Fr Verghese Kizhakevely told reporters.
The Guwahati Archdiocese, created in 1992, covers the
districts of Nagaon, Goalpara, Kamrup, Bongaigaon, Morigaon
and parts of Baksa.
Kizhakevely said Kerala-born Moolachira, who has served
as the Bishop of Diphu, will take forward various social
projects and peace initiatives launched by his predeccesor.
Moolachira was born in Puthuserrykadavu in Kerala in
1951 and had studied in Chennai, Pune and Shillong before
being ordained as a priest in 1978.
In 2005, he was sent to the Vatican for a doctorate in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?