New Guwahati Archbishop
Guwahati: Reverend John Moolachira will be
the new Archbishop of Guwahati Diocese and will take charge on
He will succeed Archibishop Thomas Menamparampil who
retired earlier this year.
"Rev Moolachira has already taken over as Archbishop of
Guwahati on January 12 last but his formal Episcopal
Installation will take place on March 4," Vicar General of
Guwahati Archdiocese Fr Verghese Kizhakevely told reporters.
The Guwahati Archdiocese, created in 1992, covers the
districts of Nagaon, Goalpara, Kamrup, Bongaigaon, Morigaon
and parts of Baksa.
Kizhakevely said Kerala-born Moolachira, who has served
as the Bishop of Diphu, will take forward various social
projects and peace initiatives launched by his predeccesor.
Moolachira was born in Puthuserrykadavu in Kerala in
1951 and had studied in Chennai, Pune and Shillong before
being ordained as a priest in 1978.
In 2005, he was sent to the Vatican for a doctorate in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video