New proposals cleared for connectivity in Assam border
Guwahati: The government has decided to provide better connectivity in border areas of Assam through Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), Union Minister for Rural Development Jairam Ramesh has said.
This was mentioned in a letter by Ramesh to Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, an official statement said today.
Ramesh wrote that the Union cabinet meeting convened on February 7 cleared the proposals on PMGSY.
"These proposals will provide new connectivity to 1,300 left-out habitations of over 500 population and also facilitate new connectivity to 36 left-out habitations of over 250 population in border area blocks in Assam," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days