New proposals cleared for connectivity in Assam border
Guwahati: The government has decided to provide better connectivity in border areas of Assam through Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), Union Minister for Rural Development Jairam Ramesh has said.
This was mentioned in a letter by Ramesh to Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, an official statement said today.
Ramesh wrote that the Union cabinet meeting convened on February 7 cleared the proposals on PMGSY.
"These proposals will provide new connectivity to 1,300 left-out habitations of over 500 population and also facilitate new connectivity to 36 left-out habitations of over 250 population in border area blocks in Assam," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16