New proposals cleared for connectivity in Assam border
Guwahati: The government has decided to provide better connectivity in border areas of Assam through Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), Union Minister for Rural Development Jairam Ramesh has said.
This was mentioned in a letter by Ramesh to Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, an official statement said today.
Ramesh wrote that the Union cabinet meeting convened on February 7 cleared the proposals on PMGSY.
"These proposals will provide new connectivity to 1,300 left-out habitations of over 500 population and also facilitate new connectivity to 36 left-out habitations of over 250 population in border area blocks in Assam," it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?