New proposals cleared for connectivity in Assam border
Guwahati: The government has decided to provide better connectivity in border areas of Assam through Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), Union Minister for Rural Development Jairam Ramesh has said.
This was mentioned in a letter by Ramesh to Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, an official statement said today.
Ramesh wrote that the Union cabinet meeting convened on February 7 cleared the proposals on PMGSY.
"These proposals will provide new connectivity to 1,300 left-out habitations of over 500 population and also facilitate new connectivity to 36 left-out habitations of over 250 population in border area blocks in Assam," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot