NH-37 blocked by non-tribal protesters in Assam
Rangiya: Activists of Non-Tribal United Forum today blocked National Highway 37 in Assam`s Kamrup (Rural) district demanding exclusion from Rabha Hasong Autonomous Council.
The protesters blocked NH 37 at Mirza demanding that non-tribals and Garos be excluded from the purview of the Autonomous Council.
There was no report of any untoward incident and senior police and civil went to the spot urging the protesters to lift the blockade, official sources said.
The protesters submitted a memorandum to Kamrup (Rural) Deputy Commissioner SK Roy highlighting their demands.
The protesters later lifted the blockade and warned that they would continue with their agitation till their demand was met.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees