NH-37 blocked by non-tribal protesters in Assam
Rangiya: Activists of Non-Tribal United Forum today blocked National Highway 37 in Assam`s Kamrup (Rural) district demanding exclusion from Rabha Hasong Autonomous Council.
The protesters blocked NH 37 at Mirza demanding that non-tribals and Garos be excluded from the purview of the Autonomous Council.
There was no report of any untoward incident and senior police and civil went to the spot urging the protesters to lift the blockade, official sources said.
The protesters submitted a memorandum to Kamrup (Rural) Deputy Commissioner SK Roy highlighting their demands.
The protesters later lifted the blockade and warned that they would continue with their agitation till their demand was met.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third
- Joint Admission Board forms panel to suggest ways to boost number of women in IITs
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today
- Flood situation remains grim in UP, MP and Bihar; Ganga flowing above danger mark