NH-37 blocked by non-tribal protesters in Assam
Rangiya: Activists of Non-Tribal United Forum today blocked National Highway 37 in Assam`s Kamrup (Rural) district demanding exclusion from Rabha Hasong Autonomous Council.
The protesters blocked NH 37 at Mirza demanding that non-tribals and Garos be excluded from the purview of the Autonomous Council.
There was no report of any untoward incident and senior police and civil went to the spot urging the protesters to lift the blockade, official sources said.
The protesters submitted a memorandum to Kamrup (Rural) Deputy Commissioner SK Roy highlighting their demands.
The protesters later lifted the blockade and warned that they would continue with their agitation till their demand was met.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani