NLFT insurgent killed in Tripura encounter
Agartala: An insurgent of outlawed National Liberation Front of Tripura was killed in an encounter with Tripura State Rifles (TSR) personnel at Majhimanipara, a remote tribal hamlet in Dhalai district, police said Monday.
Police said, a TSR contingent was fired upon by a group of ultras hiding in a bush at Majhimanipara, near the Indo-Bangla border, about 30 from Raisyabari police station last evening.
The TSR personnel retaliated and the ultras escaped after a 30-minute encounter.
During a search operation, the TSR team found a bullet- riddled body of an insurgent, two grenades, one AK-47 rifle with 50 live cartridges and receipt of subscriptions.
Police suspect that there were six-seven insurgents in the group which managed to flee to Mayani reserve forest in Chittagong Hill Tract of Bangladesh after the encounter.
The identity of the insurgent is yet to be known.
The police said the ultras were collecting subscriptions forcibly from the villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore