NLFT insurgent killed in Tripura encounter
Agartala: An insurgent of outlawed National Liberation Front of Tripura was killed in an encounter with Tripura State Rifles (TSR) personnel at Majhimanipara, a remote tribal hamlet in Dhalai district, police said Monday.
Police said, a TSR contingent was fired upon by a group of ultras hiding in a bush at Majhimanipara, near the Indo-Bangla border, about 30 from Raisyabari police station last evening.
The TSR personnel retaliated and the ultras escaped after a 30-minute encounter.
During a search operation, the TSR team found a bullet- riddled body of an insurgent, two grenades, one AK-47 rifle with 50 live cartridges and receipt of subscriptions.
Police suspect that there were six-seven insurgents in the group which managed to flee to Mayani reserve forest in Chittagong Hill Tract of Bangladesh after the encounter.
The identity of the insurgent is yet to be known.
The police said the ultras were collecting subscriptions forcibly from the villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you