No differences in CLP, will work together to win polls: Gogoi
Guwahati: Differences among legislators and ministers in Assam on various issues were sorted out at a Congress Legislature Party (CLP) meeting which decided to work unitedly for the next year`s Lok Sabha Elections.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, who is also the CLP leader, told reporters after the meeting here today that "there are no differences from today. There are always differences in a family but they have been sorted out today."
"We have forgotten all differences and arrived at an understanding. We resolved to work unitedly to give all 14 Lok Sabha seats from Assam to Sonia and Rahul Gandhi," Gogoi said.
One-time Gogoi confidante Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, accused of leading dissidence in the CLP, was seen travelling together with the CM in his vehicle after the meeting.
Later briefing journalists Sarma said, "The differences have been sorted out. We resolved that Assam will create a record by giving the maximum number of seats to Sonia Gandhi."
Asked whether the meeting was called on central leadership`s instructions, Sarma said: "The CM had called the meeting himself and was not directed by the party central leadership to do so. We also resolved to have a CLP meeting every month or at least every three months."
APCC president Bhubaneswar Kalita, who also attended the CLP meeting said, "A resolution was adopted to work unitedly for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections so that Congress can win 11 to 12 of the 14 seats."
He also said that a report on today`s meeting would be sent to Congress supremo Sonia Gandhi and AICC vice-president Rahul Gandhi to apprise them that there was no dissidence in the party in Assam.
Asked if whether there was any discussion on the issue of reshuffling the state cabinet, the APCC chief said, "That is the prerogative of the Chief Minister."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders