No dissidence, no MLA asked to replace Gogoi: AICC
Guwahati: Playing down reports of dissidence in the state Congress, AICC Secretary Avinash Pande on Sunday said no MLA has requested the high command to replace Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi or a change in state leadership.
"Not a single MLA has asked for removal of the CM or a change of leadership," Pande said.
He, however, said there might be some grievances regarding functioning of their respective constituencies.
When asked about dissidents, Pande said: "I have met most of the MLAs and ministers. There may be some differences, but no dissidence".
He further said Gogoi is the leader and "everyone respects him".
Stating that the high command is in full knowledge of the developments in Assam, Pande said: "The performances of the ministers are under watch".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet