No dissidence, no MLA asked to replace Gogoi: AICC
Guwahati: Playing down reports of dissidence in the state Congress, AICC Secretary Avinash Pande on Sunday said no MLA has requested the high command to replace Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi or a change in state leadership.
"Not a single MLA has asked for removal of the CM or a change of leadership," Pande said.
He, however, said there might be some grievances regarding functioning of their respective constituencies.
When asked about dissidents, Pande said: "I have met most of the MLAs and ministers. There may be some differences, but no dissidence".
He further said Gogoi is the leader and "everyone respects him".
Stating that the high command is in full knowledge of the developments in Assam, Pande said: "The performances of the ministers are under watch".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’