No dissidence, no MLA asked to replace Gogoi: AICC
Guwahati: Playing down reports of dissidence in the state Congress, AICC Secretary Avinash Pande on Sunday said no MLA has requested the high command to replace Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi or a change in state leadership.
"Not a single MLA has asked for removal of the CM or a change of leadership," Pande said.
He, however, said there might be some grievances regarding functioning of their respective constituencies.
When asked about dissidents, Pande said: "I have met most of the MLAs and ministers. There may be some differences, but no dissidence".
He further said Gogoi is the leader and "everyone respects him".
Stating that the high command is in full knowledge of the developments in Assam, Pande said: "The performances of the ministers are under watch".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India