No immediate plan to redraft ULFA constitution
Guwahati: ULFA pro-talk faction on Sunday said it has no immediate plan to redraft its constitution to sideline the outfit`s `commander in chief` Paresh Barua.
"There is no truth in the news item that the outfit was planning to redraft the constitution to sideline Barua," pro-talk faction`s publicity secretary Mithinga Daimary said in a statement e-mailed to a news agency.
The news item appeared to be `motivated` and `reflected irresponsible standards of journalism by a section of the media in the state to create misunderstanding and tension among different sections of people,` he added.
ULFA central committee members had met on September 16 to discuss a gamut of issues related to the outfit and there was no discussion on Barua, he stated.
"We request the media to refrain from publishing or broadcasting such baseless reports and be more responsible in the greater interest of Assamese society," Daimary added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Two new Zika vaccines give '100% protection' to mice in tests!
- ICSI CS foundation exam 2016 result announced, log on to icsi.examresults.net to check your scores
- Goa RSS chief resigns from committee set up for CM's birthday
- Helicopter parenting may up depression risk in your kids
- Cabinet clears mineral exploration policy