No post-poll agreement with AUGF: BJP
Silchar: BJP on Tuesday dismissed reports of
post-poll agreement with minority-dominated All India
Democratic United Front (AUDF) in Assam but parried questions
on its relations with Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).
"There is absolutely no chance of aligning with AUDF
as their policies and ours are totally different," BJP Assam
election-incharge Vijay Goel told reporters in Silchar.
He, however, parried a question on BJP`s post-poll
arrangement with opposition AGP.
AGP president Chandra Mohan Patowary had on
Sunday hinted at a possible post-poll agreement with BJP and
said the party had not put up candidate against its state unit
president Ranji Dutta in Behali constituency.
Goel expressed concern on reports that there was about
10 per cent increase in the number of voters in 10 assembly
constituencies going to poll in the first phase on April four.
"There is abnormal increase of voters in the
constituencies which indicates that infiltration (from
Bangladesh) is going on," he said.
BJP will prepare a special development package for
the people of Barak valley if voted to power, Goel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Air India passengers to have hassle-free travel; 2 check-in counters opened at Delhi Metro station
- Abu Jundal convicted in 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case; court accepts there was a conspiracy to eliminate Modi, Togadia
- Easy tips on how to keep your lipstick stay longer! Watch video
- Rio Games 2016: Olympic Village controversy reignites in pessimistic Brazil
- Baby boy 'walks' out of his mother's womb in new birthing trend of 'natural caesarean' – Watch the amazing moment!