No post-poll agreement with AUGF: BJP
Silchar: BJP on Tuesday dismissed reports of
post-poll agreement with minority-dominated All India
Democratic United Front (AUDF) in Assam but parried questions
on its relations with Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).
"There is absolutely no chance of aligning with AUDF
as their policies and ours are totally different," BJP Assam
election-incharge Vijay Goel told reporters in Silchar.
He, however, parried a question on BJP`s post-poll
arrangement with opposition AGP.
AGP president Chandra Mohan Patowary had on
Sunday hinted at a possible post-poll agreement with BJP and
said the party had not put up candidate against its state unit
president Ranji Dutta in Behali constituency.
Goel expressed concern on reports that there was about
10 per cent increase in the number of voters in 10 assembly
constituencies going to poll in the first phase on April four.
"There is abnormal increase of voters in the
constituencies which indicates that infiltration (from
Bangladesh) is going on," he said.
BJP will prepare a special development package for
the people of Barak valley if voted to power, Goel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back