No post-poll agreement with AUGF: BJP
Silchar: BJP on Tuesday dismissed reports of
post-poll agreement with minority-dominated All India
Democratic United Front (AUDF) in Assam but parried questions
on its relations with Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).
"There is absolutely no chance of aligning with AUDF
as their policies and ours are totally different," BJP Assam
election-incharge Vijay Goel told reporters in Silchar.
He, however, parried a question on BJP`s post-poll
arrangement with opposition AGP.
AGP president Chandra Mohan Patowary had on
Sunday hinted at a possible post-poll agreement with BJP and
said the party had not put up candidate against its state unit
president Ranji Dutta in Behali constituency.
Goel expressed concern on reports that there was about
10 per cent increase in the number of voters in 10 assembly
constituencies going to poll in the first phase on April four.
"There is abnormal increase of voters in the
constituencies which indicates that infiltration (from
Bangladesh) is going on," he said.
BJP will prepare a special development package for
the people of Barak valley if voted to power, Goel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire