No post-poll agreement with AUGF: BJP
Silchar: BJP on Tuesday dismissed reports of
post-poll agreement with minority-dominated All India
Democratic United Front (AUDF) in Assam but parried questions
on its relations with Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).
"There is absolutely no chance of aligning with AUDF
as their policies and ours are totally different," BJP Assam
election-incharge Vijay Goel told reporters in Silchar.
He, however, parried a question on BJP`s post-poll
arrangement with opposition AGP.
AGP president Chandra Mohan Patowary had on
Sunday hinted at a possible post-poll agreement with BJP and
said the party had not put up candidate against its state unit
president Ranji Dutta in Behali constituency.
Goel expressed concern on reports that there was about
10 per cent increase in the number of voters in 10 assembly
constituencies going to poll in the first phase on April four.
"There is abnormal increase of voters in the
constituencies which indicates that infiltration (from
Bangladesh) is going on," he said.
BJP will prepare a special development package for
the people of Barak valley if voted to power, Goel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert