No post-poll agreement with AUGF: BJP
Silchar: BJP on Tuesday dismissed reports of
post-poll agreement with minority-dominated All India
Democratic United Front (AUDF) in Assam but parried questions
on its relations with Asom Gana Parishad (AGP).
"There is absolutely no chance of aligning with AUDF
as their policies and ours are totally different," BJP Assam
election-incharge Vijay Goel told reporters in Silchar.
He, however, parried a question on BJP`s post-poll
arrangement with opposition AGP.
AGP president Chandra Mohan Patowary had on
Sunday hinted at a possible post-poll agreement with BJP and
said the party had not put up candidate against its state unit
president Ranji Dutta in Behali constituency.
Goel expressed concern on reports that there was about
10 per cent increase in the number of voters in 10 assembly
constituencies going to poll in the first phase on April four.
"There is abnormal increase of voters in the
constituencies which indicates that infiltration (from
Bangladesh) is going on," he said.
BJP will prepare a special development package for
the people of Barak valley if voted to power, Goel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan